Random Facts About Yourself #2

OT:The Latest & Greatest & Everything Else.
khalessi
I do believe in killing the messenger. Know why? It sends a message. —Damon

Re: Random Facts About Yourself #2

Post by khalessi » 08/02/14 17:08

To figure that out .

Plenty and the have luxury seats now if you pay extra which I won't :lol

o-sterek
Intoxicated
Intoxicated

Post by o-sterek » 08/02/14 17:20

Still cannot make sense of that but good luck on what you are figuring out. :)

I need a haircut.

khalessi

Post by khalessi » 08/03/14 02:15

I haven't been to a hair dresser in ages, I have just been letting my hair grow. Keep hearing colleagues go on about grey hair etc, I just can't be bothered to go look :lol

o-sterek
Intoxicated
Intoxicated

Post by o-sterek » 08/03/14 08:11

I haven't been to a hairdresser in ages either. I don't think there is anyone decent around here and I am quite capable of cutting my own. It can take a while though! :lol

Occasionally, I wonder about a grey hair and on the handful or two of times I actually tried to look at it, I honestly could not say. I do not go around looking at myself in the mirror. I'll brush my hair in the morning or if going out. Other than that, I really have no clue what it looks like! :lol

My hair varies in color quite a lot. In Winter, it can be quite dark and almost brown. In summer, it can be really light blond. I guess there must either be a randomness or streakyness, so if I did get a grey, it probably would not be noticed. Well, certainly in summer.

khalessi

Post by khalessi » 08/03/14 09:20

Not something that really bugs me. My ex went grey at 30 I might have drove him to it :lol

I used to bleach my hair but now I just leave it natural means less upkeep and hours down the college to fix it.

o-sterek
Intoxicated
Intoxicated

Post by o-sterek » 08/03/14 09:48

Bleaching is arguably better for the hair than coloring. If I got to that stage, I doubt I would bother about it. I think it is just really the thought of the change and associations.

I do not have any tattoos or piercings and I will not make any excuses, I just do not want them.

khalessi

Post by khalessi » 08/03/14 15:49

I would love a tattoo but I don't want anywhere near needles. I would like a butterfly or something, maybe one day I will pluck up the courage.

I used to have my ears pierced and never again.

o-sterek
Intoxicated
Intoxicated

Post by o-sterek » 08/03/14 16:26

Most of my life, I have spent helping people and most of that is using technology to do so. I know I have saved many lives (but not who). I know I have made many people's lives better. I have no clue on numbers but we are talking in 6 figure terms on many occasions. I have also helped people by more natural ways too, and most of these I do know who.

(Sorry, kinda responding to your comment about not being able to sit and do what I do. We are not that different.)

khalessi

Post by khalessi » 08/03/14 18:25

Very vague but I see what you are trying to say. You help people, and thats good. I suppose I support people in different ways.

My first alcoholic drink bought by my mother had peach schnapps in it, cant stand the stuff now,

o-sterek
Intoxicated
Intoxicated

Post by o-sterek » 08/03/14 18:33

I guess some of what I wrote (after rereading) is necessarily vague. Goes with the territory.

Oddly, I have a similar story...

I was left as home as a young teenager and got this terrible toothache. It felt bad a the time and I had no clue what to do! Painkillers did not work. Then I remember my Granny saying a teaspoonful of whiskey helped teething problems. Well, there was whiskey there, so I tried some! Absolutely disgusting, and I have no idea how people can drink the stuff. Well, long story short, I consumed more and more, so I felt better. Ended up at 3/4 of a bottle. A while later, I was not a happy bunny for an hour or two.

Perfectly OK in the morning. I never touched the stuff since. I barely touch spirits at all.

khalessi

Post by khalessi » 08/04/14 01:16

We add honey and its a hot toddy :lol my friend came round with the cold once and we had some. Not the biggest fan of it. I was at a small music festival and about 13,at the time. It was fun at the time :) I got married young so missed the whole going out and partying thing. I mostly drank on my own.

I can take fits of the giggles

o-sterek
Intoxicated
Intoxicated

Post by o-sterek » 08/04/14 07:02

Oh, I can laugh at seemingly the most inappropriate things. Mind races around and makes other connections, which I find funny. I'm used to looking at the bigger picture but not by missing out on the detail.

I am a very loyal person, even if it costs me a bit. I guess I have a high set of moral standards, which are my own and do not necessarily follow the patterns of others.

khalessi

Post by khalessi » 08/05/14 02:15

I generally make the wrong kind of friend, generally people I work with.

o-sterek
Intoxicated
Intoxicated

Post by o-sterek » 08/05/14 06:52

I don't make the wrong type of friend because I rarely make any! :drink

Most work colleagues are best just kept as that. I like to be able to segregate things. For example, if I need a break away from work, why would I want to see someone that I associate with work? :lol Same with online and offline... I keep them separate.

I am trying to get in the habit of drinking more water.

khalessi

Post by khalessi » 08/08/14 03:05

I take it you have not met anyone from online in real life then. I have met a few. I find it hard to meet people so work is where I spend most of my time :lol

I have drunk more non fizzy water while i have been sick but bottled and not out of the tap.

o-sterek
Intoxicated
Intoxicated

Post by o-sterek » 08/08/14 08:48

I have met precisely one. I do know a few others quite well. A very small number, I would not mind meeting.

I do differentiate between friends and acquaintances though. I have a lot of acquaintances. Friends, you can count on one hand.

I also wonder about the amount of plastic we consume from all these plastic food and drink containers. Might just pass through but on the other hand, it may just contribute to a build effect of something toxic. Consider aluminum and Alzheimer's. Glass would be my container of choice for drink containers. Don't know why it is not used other than cost.

I really need to do some (real) paperwork today, so I can get it off in the mail by tomorrow (and I will be procrastinating like heck too! :drink ).

baskiddball
Intoxicated
Intoxicated

Post by baskiddball » 08/12/14 11:16

I've seen a couple people only use glass bottles because of the chemicals in plastic bottles, but to me that is taking it a little too far. If you use it regularly because its reusable that is understandable, but to not touch a plastic bottle because of fear (bpas?) is a little too far. It has been commercialized throughout the entire world. Anything, including cell phones have been linked to cancer. I'm sure the risk is negligible.

A friend of mine took an electric razor to my head a day before my birthday last week and cut a patch into my head. I had to get a buzz cut as a result of that.

o-sterek
Intoxicated
Intoxicated

Post by o-sterek » 08/12/14 12:11

Agreed. Everything in moderation and nothing in excess. The trouble is that we often come across new materials and really do not know what the excess is? Long term affects are unknown of many things. Personally, I just mix and match, then hope for the best! :drink

You call that person a "friend"?

I really cannot seem to get motivated today. It's rare but it happens. Still getting things done but not with any sort of enthusiasm. Could be weather related, I guess.

khalessi

Post by khalessi » 08/13/14 01:44

And was that a good thing before your birthday?

I just got over having hand, foot and mouth. Not to be confused with foot and mouth where I would have been culled

o-sterek
Intoxicated
Intoxicated

Post by o-sterek » 08/13/14 10:41

The chances are good that you know where that came from and it is also good that it just takes time to recover from. The symptoms can be annoying to say the least though. Glad you are through the worst.

I hate waiting! By that I mean in queues particularly. I'm fine if a delivery takes 5 days and that is expected and I am OK if I know when roughly that delivery may be.

Return to “Grand Central”